Hi everyone! I just returned home from the High Point Market Design Bloggers Tour. It was inspiring, fun, educational and exhausting all at the same time. I have SOOOO much to share and over a thousand photos to plow through and edit. My more detailed trend report will be up early next week but for today’s Friday Photo I have a photo to share that I took at the Mr. Brown show room.
Not all of these eight trends are new but overall, this photo is a good representation of what was showing at High Point Market.
- Color: Persimmon, coral, watermelon, pink, blush and all the various hues of RED are trending.
- Brass and gold finishes were EVERYWHERE. Brass definitely outweighed all other finishes at the Spring market.
- Mid century is still going strong. The floor lamp, the hanging brass pendants and the chairs.
- Armoires are back: We don’t need them to hide bulky TV’s anymore but with all the talk of downsizing and living small it seems we just can’t get enough storage.
- Decorative fronts on case goods. I will talk much more about this in my report next week but get ready for sculpted, faceted, hammered, printed and wallpapered fronts on case goods.
- Mixed materials. Mirrored glass and laser cut wood tall cabinet. The table has a stained wood base, a faux shagreen (Sting ray skin) top and a brass edge on both the table top and base.
- Geometrics: The arms on the chairs
- Antiques mixed in with new: An antique wood bowl on a stand on the table
Have a great weekend everyone….I’ll be editing and editing and editing!